Monday, October 25, 2010

So Here We Are

so here we are, this has little to do with photography, no new videos about whats going on in the photo world, no up coming projects, no equipment reviews, this will be about well....with lack of a better word life. so here it goes, life brings us things everyday that we never expect if your a high school kid it may be the latest drama"who is going out with who" if your a stay at home mom its "why won't the kids just go to sleep" for a business man it would be "man these stocks are killing me today" for the artist it will be "am i good enough,who am i?" wither way it will be some thing. many times these issues will come one by one or in 2's an 3's and 4's they will come at you and they only thing you can do is roll with it. some times theses things get stacked one on top of another until the come toppling down upon you. for me these things have been doing just this, and i have been looking for a way to pull my self out of the wreckage and carnage. many times i had believed that i had done it, i had reached the end and seen the light; how ever this was not the truth i simply just made it through one layer of the damage, until now. so i have been reading VisionMongers: Making a Life and a Living in Photography by: David duChemin
the entire time i had been pondering about my future in a life of photography i looked at my idols and thought long and hard on what it would take to get there. i looked at my recent experiences, giving me a small taste in this visual creation world; i also had to look at what i was doing to get there. as you know im only a 16 year old kid in high school planning on going to art school an the only things i got is my mac book and my d300s, i looked at the time i spend mastering my craft, creating my blog, tweaking my web site and realized that i am doing a amazing job at it, however, i looked at my schooling, family life, relationships ext and realized i have a unbalanced set of priorities. my schooling is staring to slide grades slip and so on, i put so much time into my photography and relationship and i forget about my school. but if i forget about school how can i get to art school, how can i make it to Washington how can i not get in trouble so i can get my car for gods sake; if i lack in my relationship how can i keep it strong, if i lack in my family life how can i maintain it. all of these things became part of the rubble atop me and i finally had to break my way through it. talk is cheep please bare the cliche i know it has been beaten and torn to shreds over time but its only a cliche because it has proven its self true time and time again, i can no longer say ok tomorrow im going to get on top of school and get everything straightened out, then just sleep in get to school late and accomplish nothing, i can not say yeah mom and dad ill watch a movie then half way through get on the phone and leave; right now i have to prove to my self and every one else that my words have actions behind them not just empty hollow words. today is the day i have to come out on top and be the man i say to be and not back down, with hard work, sweat, determination, and heart. in the upcoming days and months we will be able to see if my talk does have some substance and truth to it. i feel a new person regenerated and ready to come one on top. so here we are, at the beginning of something new out to prove that my words can have meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment